And not just because of the Golden Globes last night! (Did you watch? I was thrilled to see The Social Network win for Best Picture (Drama). I love that movie.)
Big thanks to Kelly Dexter at Nerdville Rhapsody for awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks, Kelly!
And also a big thanks to Jennie Bailey at Garden Full of Lily for the Making Smiles on Faces Award! Can you see me smiling? Cuz I’m smiling!
Part of the criteria for accepting the Stylish Blogger Award is that I have to tell you seven things about myself. Gee, what do you guys NOT already know about me? I’m not that good at keeping things to myself. Anyway, here goes:
1. I’ve been dyeing my hair since I was 15. I’ve been a redhead, a caramel blonde, and every shade of brunette.
2. I’m allergic to peanuts.
3. I can’t write unless my office is neat and organized.
4. I like it quiet in the mornings. That means no TV, no music, and God forbid, no talk radio.
5. I have three nephews, four nieces, and three godchildren.
6. I love horror movies, but I can’t watch them without cringing behind a pillow or a blanket (or somebody’s arm).
7. I believe it’s totally possible to reinvent oneself (I pretty much did, when I think about the kind of life I had four years ago compared to now).
I’d like to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to:
Marsha Sigman at Marsha’s Musings
JB Lynn at Confessions of a Crime Writer
Joann Swanson at It’s Dark, Dark in Here
Adam Purple at Writer, Not
Milo James Fowler at in media res
Julie Geistfeld at GeistWrite
As for the Making Smiles on Faces Award, I give that to everyone reading this blog right now. You guys rock, which is why I refuse to quit stalking you guys. Seriously, you guys are what makes this journey so worthwhile.